Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An email from a friend

I sent an email to all my friends regarding "Result of the peition against Google Earth" (below posting) and a fiend of mine replied me. Here is her email and my reply to her (the circumstances is very critical and I am really worried) :

Her email
Va Dorood Bar Shoma
Many thanks of your kind talashhaye Khastegi napazir.Yes I have signed it and am happy to hear from you ... these days are very hard , not only for our Hakemiaate Melli, but also by our economical situation.You should know that we are buying the egg plant 1800 tomans per kilo, Tomato 1500 to 2000 tomans and so on...and at the same time our salary will be increased only about 50000 tomans , and it would be very interesting that a boss says that our ... will be given by the mayer of the city which we went for our holidays on norouz!!It means when your mind is not grown by democratic rules, everytime the power is yours you will use it as a totaliter. I have gratuated from ...after the 57 revolution , and just now my Payeh hoghoogh is about 300,000 tomans .... What do you say about? is it fair? What can I do with 300000 tomans? You should know that I don't mean to say only about myself, but I want you to imagine what is going on here in Iran, and ....It seems that only Bombe atom will help us!!!!

My reply:
Dorood,
I am really sorry to hear those news. I follow all news from Iran maybe more than when I was there. I know that the inflation rate is more than %30. But reading a number in news is something and reading your email is something else. I am really worried about my beloved country. It is really complicated. I used to criticize Khatami three years ago. But right now, I just wish that we could go back to those days. I managed to escape from there, however, all my heart is there. Sometimes to relieve my concerns, I think that every civilization (including ours) has its ups and downs and it may take more 500 years to recover. I just try to imagine that we are in one of our downs. So we only have to resist and try to recover ASAP. That is why I put all my efforts to keep our rights (as you said Hakemiaate Melli) in Persian Gulf and especially Caspian Sea that we are losing our share step by step in silence. Because I believe everything can be returned (perhaps by next generations) except our country itself.
Thanks for your email.
Be omid roozhaie behtar

Cheers'
Farshid



No comments: